Enhance your holiday to Yorkshire with our fabulous range of additional guest services. Upgrade your holiday with your very own private chef and chauffeur, enjoy some pampering with a team of beauty therapists and record wonderful holiday memories with your very own photographer. However you wish to turn your special days away into a truly bespoke experience, our trusted guest services will be on hand to help you out.
My Personal Sanctuary
Pamper yourself with a superb range of treatments at home. A professional therapist (or therapists) will come to your holiday cottage to carry out the luxury spa treatments of your choice – it’s the perfect chance to relax and unwind. Packages range from 1 to 5 hours and are tailored to the needs of your family and friends (including children, men, pregnant women and people with illness or disability). Treatments are as low as £21.67 per person. Types of treatments available include massages, facials, manicures and pedicures. Please book early in order to establish your preferred date and time as therapist/treatments (especially specialist treatments like pregnancy massage) are subject to availability.
How it all works
1. Visit www.mypersonalsanctuary.co.uk to pick out a treatment and read their T&Cs which apply to all bookings.
2. Speak to them directly for advice on 01625 540557 quoting ‘Gorgeous Cottages’.
3. Decide on your individual package and book this with My Personal Sanctuary.
4. A suitable therapist will come to the holiday cottage on your chosen date.
5. They will bring everything needed to transform the cottage into a sanctuary with heated beds, fresh linen, candles and Neal’s Yard Organic Remedies.
6. Enjoy relaxing spa treatments and feel relaxed and rejuvenated.
About My Personal Sanctuary
My Personal Sanctuary has been providing luxury treatments since 2007 and their highly trained mobile beauty and massage therapists will bring the spa feeling straight to your holiday cottage. Individual treatments include Indian Head Massage, Hot Stone Massage, Signature Warming Melt, Hand or Feet Treat and Organic Facial.
Contact My Personal Sanctuary directly with any questions on 01625 540 557.
James Brown Private Chef Service
Ideal for parties of six or more, the Private Chef Service means you can sit back and relax while the talented James Brown prepares a fantastic meal within the comfort of your Gorgeous Cottage. It’s a great option for special celebrations such as birthdays or anniversaries, or just for an extra treat – you are on holiday after all. From a hearty Mediterranean Mezze to a luxury seven-course tasting menu, James is experienced in a variety of cuisines. Whether it’s food as exotic as Pan-Asian or North African, or carefully sourced Yorkshire fare of the highest provenance, James can provide the perfect menu for any palate.
Booking this service
1. E-mail [email protected] quoting ‘Gorgeous Cottages’ for details on the menu options available.
2. Prices range from £60 per head for Mediterranean to £90 for the luxury option (based on parties of six, there is a £10 per head surcharge for parties of four).
3. Place your booking and arrange payment directly with James Brown Catering.
4. Everything needed for the meal (crockery, glassware, table cover etc.) will be brought by James and the team and cleared away afterwards.
5. Enjoy a professionally cooked dinner with full waiter service in your holiday cottage!
About James Brown Catering
James was trained at the Thomas Danby College under the guidance of David Box and has worked in a range of professional kitchens, including Malmaison Brasserie in Leeds. He has cooked privately for a number of years and previous clients have included Carol Vorderman, Patsy Kensit and the England Cricket Team.
For more information please e-mail [email protected] or call 01423 210016.
Karen Turner Photography
Capture your holiday memories forever with your own photographer. Relive your wonderful Yorkshire holiday for years to come with a selection of beautiful images from award-winning photographer Karen Turner. Karen’s unique documentary style of photography means that your family is captured naturally enjoying wonderful holiday moments together in a series of stunning photographs. A special two-hour package is available for all Gorgeous Cottages guests.
Booking the package
1. Contact Karen Turner on 0113 393 5727 or e-mail [email protected] quoting ‘Gorgeous Cottages’ to book your photo shoot date.
2. Due to limited availability, early booking is recommended to avoid disappointment.
3. Karen will spend two hours capturing your family as you enjoy your holiday.
4. This special holiday package costs £450 and includes all travel expenses.
5. You will receive 10 high-resolution digital images in colour and black and white.
6. You will also have your own secure online gallery to view the photographs.
About Karen Turner
Karen has 17 years of experience as a professional photographer. She uses natural light and an unobtrusive documentary approach to photograph families in a relaxed and natural way. Karen’s images will capture both your family’s unique personalities and the amazing Yorkshire countryside, keeping your precious holiday memories alive for years to come.
Contact Karen directly with any questions on 0113 393 5727.
Yorkshire Chauffeur Company
Explore Yorkshire in style on your holiday. Let The Yorkshire Chauffeur Company be your private chauffeur guide with a luxury bespoke tour of the county. Leave your car behind for the day (or half day) and explore the best of the region from a chauffeur-driven Range Rover. Relax and enjoy some stunning views with no worries about parking or getting lost. Discover hidden gems from your expert chauffeur or stop by a country pub for a drink – after all, you’re not driving! Other services include transfers from train stations, airport nationwide or even your home. Planning on going out for dinner? Arrive and leave in style with their wait and return service for all occasions. For larger parties, The Yorkshire Chauffeur Company can cater for any numbers, from a stunning 8-seater right up to full-size coaches!
Planning your chauffeur-driven journey
1. Visit www.theyorkshirechauffeurcompany.co.uk and browse the services available.
2. To discuss specific requirements, call 01423 329 154 and speak to Nikki Gray or send an e-mail to [email protected] quoting ‘Gorgeous Cottages’.
3. Choose the service you would like and book your date and time directly with The Yorkshire Chauffeur Company.
4. Enjoy your luxury journey through Yorkshire!
About Yorkshire Chauffeur Company
The Yorkshire Chauffeur Company were the official chauffeurs used for the Tour de France Grand Depart in 2014 and have their own fleet of luxury Range Rovers. They can also provide a range of other vehicles including luxury saloon cars, people carriers and luxury mini coaches.
For more information or a quote please e-mail [email protected]
Yorkshire Walking Books
Get out and about walking in Yorkshire with a superb selection of walking books. If you’re a keen walker (or even just an occasional one) there are lots of scenic routes to try on your holiday to Yorkshire. Walking Books have handily compiled the best of them into a series of packs which cover the North York Moors and Yorkshire Dales. All contain individual cards containing maps, route markers and places of interest with a PVC holder to keep them dry and clean while walking. There are also a couple of children’s packs to make walking fun and interesting for little ones with activities and simple to follow instructions so that they can lead the walks.
Ordering your Walking Books
1. Visit www.walking-books.com/gorgeous-cottages to browse the range and order.
2. Choose from The Dales Pack, The Dales Pack 2 and The North York Moors Pack - each containing 20 classic walks that range from easy to difficult.
3. Add a Making Tracks pack if you have kids - one covers the Moors and one the Dales.
4. Start planning which walks to try on your holiday!
About Walking Books
Walking Books is a small independent publisher which specialises in quality walking guides. They developed the unique concept of putting all the info needed for each walk onto a durable A5 card that can be worn around the neck or carried in a jacket pocket. Each card has a combination of easy-to-follow route information and professional mapping.
For more information please e-mail [email protected].
Ready for your visit to Yorkshire?
Gorgeous Cottages, Gorgeous Yorkshire! Yorkshire is full of historic houses as well as a great selection of farm shops, country pubs and restaurants that sell or use the freshest local ingredients. To find out more information on what you can do during your stay in this beautiful region, check out the Gorgeous Cottages Blog and Facebook page which have lots of information on our favourite things to do in the area.
Please note that any contract for the purchase/supply of any additional guest services detailed in this brochure will be between you and the relevant third party supplier. The Travel Chapter Limited not a party to, nor does it have any obligations under, that third party contract. The Travel Chapter Limited further does not give any representations, warranties and/or guarantees in relation to the additional guest services brought to your attention (whether in this website or otherwise) and accepts no liability whatsoever for any loss or other damage incurred as a result of you using such additional guest services.
Disclaimer: Whilst every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of the information at the time of writing,
please ensure you check carefully before making any decisions based on the contents within this article.