Here at Gorgeous Cottages we take tea very seriously and think that making a perfectly brewed Yorkshire cuppa is one of the most important tasks of any day.
But what colour should the perfect cup of tea be? Should it match the shade of a Bettys Fat Rascal or be brewed until it reaches the darker hue of traditional Yorkshire Parkin? Or maybe milky white like York Minster or dark brown like a Black Sheep Ale?
It’s a tricky question and everyone’s perfect cuppa is different.
That’s where the Gorgeous Cottages Yorkshire Tea Chart comes in. We’ve plotted out nine strengths of tea ranging from White Rose (essentially just milk!) to Whitby Jet (no milk at all).
Simply pick your preferred shade and let your friends, family and colleagues know what it is.
Don’t forget to share it on Facebook and Instagram and tag us in (@gorgeouscottages) too. We’ll be compiling all the results and will let you all know the most popular colour for perfectly brewed tea.
10 Tea Facts
1. Tea is made with the leaves of the Camellia Sinensis plant.
2. It takes more than 1000 leaves to make just 250 grams of finished tea.
3. Most types of tea come from the same plant - the differences come from how the leaves are treated.
4. Tea contains antioxidant polyphenols which are really good for you and help stave off a range of diseases.
5. More than 60 billion cups of tea are drunk annually in Great Britain.
6. Turkey drinks more cups of tea per person than any other country (Ireland is second and Britain is third).
7. Earl Grey tea was created in 1831 for the then Prime Minister, Earl Charles Grey.
8. The Chinese have been drinking tea for more than 2,000 years.
9. Tea was first introduced to the UK in the 17th century but during the 18th century huge ‘tea taxes’ meant tea had to be smuggled into the country.
10. After water, tea is the most popular drink in the world.
Download your copy of the Gorgeous Cottage Yorkshire Tea Chart.
Disclaimer: Whilst every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of the information at the time of writing,
please ensure you check carefully before making any decisions based on the contents within this article.