If you like to start the new year by getting your next getaway booked then you’re not alone. January is the most popular month for booking one of our Yorkshire cottages, whether it’s for a cosy winter getaway or a summer holiday that the whole family can enjoy.
So to give you some inspiration of the types of properties you can book, we’ve taken a look at which properties have been the most popular on the Gorgeous Cottages website for 2022.
You’ll find a wide selection of properties in some of the prettiest Yorkshire locations including romantic retreats, family-friendly holiday homes and luxury cottages with a hot tub.
Chapel of Rock
Sleeps: 10 guests + 4 dogs
This fabulously converted chapel near Harrogate has been featured on The Hairy Bikers Go North and was understandably the most-viewed property on the Gorgeous Cottages website for 2022.
The quirky interiors are a shrine to all things rock and roll with drum kits, pianos, guitars and interesting things around every corner. There’s even a Wurlitzer jukebox to provide the soundtrack to your holiday.
The original chapel building exudes character and, although the music may get loud inside, the Nidderdale location is surrounded by rolling countryside so is as peaceful as can be.
- Spending time together in a large kitchen/diner that even has its own bar.
- Letting kids and dogs run around safely in an acre of grounds that come with the property.
- The characterful original features of the chapel such as arched church windows and vaulted ceilings.
The Pump House
Sleeps: 2 guests
Although this unique building was once a Yorkshire Water pump house, its secluded location and fabulous 5-star makeover means it’s now one of our most popular romantic retreats.
The Pump House is nestled high in rugged moorland above the spa town of Ilkley and comes with a bubbling hot tub so you can soak in spectacular 360-degree views as you relax with a loved one.
You can enjoy evenings together under the stars with a telescope available so you can make the most of dramatically dark skies. More luxury Yorkshire cottages with a hot tub.
- The gorgeous bedroom which includes a handmade king-size bed dressed in the finest linens, and a sumptuous free-standing bath.
- Rustling up a romantic meal for two in the fabulous handmade kitchen then throwing open bi-fold doors to dine under the stars.
- The luxurious 5-star finish throughout The Pump House which includes underfloor heating, solid oak floors and an Italian marble wet room with monsoon shower.
Blakey View Bothy
Sleeps: 2 guests + 2 dogs
You can get far from the madding crowd with a solo or couple’s break to this bijou bolthole in the middle of the North York Moors National Park. Up to two dogs can join you on a getaway to this Grade II-listed stone bothy which has cleverly designed interiors to make the most of the small space.
The pretty village of Castleton where you’ll find a pub and shop is less than 1 mile away - you can also catch the regular Esk Valley train from here to nearby Whitby.
- Following the Esk Valley walk through heather-clad moorland from Castleton to the pretty village of Lealholm where you’ll find tea rooms and a lovely garden centre.
- Enjoying the view from your private outdoor terrace as you relax long into the evening, warmed by a chiminea and fire pit.
- The underfloor heating that keeps Blakey View Bothy toasty and warm on even the coldest of days.
Sleeps: 6 guests
What was once an old station master’s house on the heritage Wensleydale railway line near Leyburn has been transformed into one of the most luxurious holiday homes in Yorkshire, thanks to an owner that designs superyachts for a living.
The open-plan living, dining and kitchen space at the heart of the house has dramatic double-height ceilings and a glass wall with bi-fold doors that lead straight out to a gorgeous garden, complete with bubbling hot tub.
The three beautiful bedrooms all come with plush furnishing, Elemis toiletries and en-suite bathrooms so there’s no need to fight about who gets the best room on a getaway to Station House.
- Lighting the wood burner in the separate snug and enjoying a cosy night in with Sky TV and board games to keep you entertained.
- Spending time in one of several garden seating areas while being entertained by an outdoor music system and kept warm by patio heaters.
- Waving to the heritage steam trains that go past the property then exploring the Wensleydale countryside that surrounds you.
Sleeps: 8 guests
This luxurious Victorian farmhouse is tucked away in the rolling green hills of the Yorkshire Wolds and comes with panoramic views of the peaceful surrounding countryside.
The thing that sets this holiday home apart though and makes it one of the most viewed Yorkshire properties on the Gorgeous Cottages website is a wonderful glass-roofed outdoor pool. What could be finer than waking up and enjoying a morning swim in your private heated pool before setting off on a bracing walk through the Yorkshire Wolds AONB?
Both the main living room and a separate snug are warmed by wood burners so there’s plenty of room whether you want to spend time together or relax by yourself.
- Visiting the nearby seaside resort of Filey which is just a short drive away and having fun on the large sandy beach.
- Gathering together in the spacious kitchen/diner which is fully equipped with everything you need for a memorable family meal.
- The large, enclosed garden that’s perfect for playing family games together or just throwing down a rug for a picnic.
Sleeps: 2 guests + 2 dogs
This beautiful single-level barn conversion is just the right size for two with an idyllic spot in one of the most peaceful parts of the North York Moors National Park.
You're just a scenic walk away from Robin Hood’s Bay, one of the prettiest and most popular seaside villages in Yorkshire, so you can enjoy the best of the coast and countryside on a getaway to this lovely romantic retreat.
The stylish design includes lots of cosy soft furnishings and comes with a wood burner to keep things warm on even the coldest winter evening. Discover more dog-friendly cottages on the Yorkshire Coast.
- Exploring the narrow winding streets of Robin Hood’s Bay with a couple of four-legged friends – dogs are welcome in many of the village’s shops, pubs and cafes.
- Characterful features throughout the property such as exposed bricks and a vaulted ceiling in the double-height living room.
- Taking in the view as you enjoy a morning coffee from courtyard seating outside the property.
Sleeps: 4 guests
This charming cottage has an elevated location in the market town of Richmond, which is close to the northern tip of the Yorkshire Dales National Park. The elegant living room is warmed by a wood burner and the handsome master bedroom comes with a super-king-size bed and exposed wooden beams.
There’s a variety of shops, pubs and restaurants dotted around the cobbled market square in Richmond and you can follow in the footsteps of a recent Tour de Yorkshire by cycling into the Yorkshire Dales and to nearby villages such as Reeth which is home to the annual Ard Rock Mountain Biking festival.
- The views of Richmond Castle from Evergreen Cottage – it’s also just a short walk to the sprawling remains of this impressive Norman fortress.
- Taking a scenic stroll along the banks of the River Swale to Easby Abbey which is a lovely spot for a spring or summer picnic.
- Spending time in the property’s lovely cottage garden where you can watch birds coming and going and enjoy a BBQ in the summer months.
Sleeps: 2 guests + 1 dog
With ivy growing up the walls of this enchanting Grade II-listed country cottage, it looks like it has come straight from the pages of a fairy tale. It’s a popular option for a romantic getaway to North Yorkshire, especially as there’s a private hot tub in the garden.
There’s a luxurious 5-star finish throughout the property and the lovely bedroom features a sloped ceiling with painted beams to add extra character and charm. Head outside and along with a bubbling hot tub, there’s a decked area with sofa seating in the beautifully designed garden.
- The lovely village location with a country pub across the road – perfect if you don’t fancy cooking during your getaway.
- Exploring the North York Moors and Howardian Hills with places like Helmsley, Pickering and Castle Howard all close by.
- The romantic look and feel of the cottage with vintage-chic furniture and gorgeously plump soft furnishings.
Plan your Yorkshire getaway
This is just a small selection of the luxury holiday homes available to book for your next Yorkshire getaway. For even more inspiration, take a look at these hand-picked Yorkshire cottage collections:
Alternatively, browse our full range of Yorkshire cottages to find your perfect base.
Disclaimer: Whilst every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of the information at the time of writing,
please ensure you check carefully before making any decisions based on the contents within this article.