01 July 2020
Is there anything more indulgent than sinking into the bubbles of a private hot tub? You can relax and unwind with a glass of something cold and refreshing and keep warm on even the coldest of days. We think a hot tub makes the perfect finishing touch to a luxury holiday home and have compiled some of our favourite Yorkshire cottages where you can enjoy a stylish soak under the stars after days spent exploring the Dales, Wolds, moors and coast.
👉 Romantic cottages with hot tubs
👉 Dog-friendly cottages with hot tubs
👉 Family-friendly cottages with hot tubs
👉 Hot tub cottages for groups of friends
Romantic cottages with hot tubs
These romantic hot tub cottages are just right if you fancy escaping to Yorkshire for a cosy couple’s retreat.
Located on an idyllic horse farm, Grace View Cottage is surrounded by beautiful countryside at the northern tip of the North York Moors National Park. The stunning interiors have the look of an exclusive boutique hotel and the private hot tub makes the most of the property’s wonderful views. The market town of Stokesley is just 3 miles away where you’ll find an array of cafes, restaurants, pubs, and shops.
- Grace View Cottage is also dog-friendly for up to two pooches
- Bifold doors let in lots of light and lead straight onto the enclosed garden
- Take part in a relaxing yoga session within the owner’s farm
What our guests say: “Absolutely stunning cottage! Had everything we needed and was so peaceful. The hot tub was nice to chill in after a long day. Will definitely return - hopefully for longer next time!” Eden
Sleeps: 2 guests plus 2 dogs
This romantic, Grade II-listed cottage is part of a grand Georgian estate that’s nestled in the rural Wensleydale countryside near Bedale. Take a turn around the pretty walled gardens, hunt out perfect picnic spots within the extensive grounds and spend a romantic evening in the indulgent wood-fired hot tub.
- Take advantage of a ‘drop and dip’ service and the hot tub will be nice and warm for your arrival
- Look out over formal parterre gardens from the bedroom’s Juliet balcony and peer through a dramatic round window for a view of the nearby castle
- Enjoy a romantic al fresco lunch from the sheltered outdoor dining area
What our guests say: “One of the most picturesque places we have stayed. The property is steeped in history. A haven of peace and quiet. A must for a relaxing break.” Chris
Sleeps: 2 guests
The star of the show at this romantic holiday cottage is a hot tub that’s located high up amongst the branches of a tree. The elevated position means you can enjoy far-reaching views of the surrounding Yorkshire Dales countryside before heading inside for a cosy evening by the fire in this elegant cottage for two.
- The Treehouse is part of a large country estate with an array of pathways to explore
- Take a short countryside stroll to the nearby village pub with a deli, cafe and farm shop close by
- The market town of Richmond is a short drive away with riverside walks and the spectacular Richmond Castle to explore
What our guests say: “The cottage was lovely, very tastefully decorated. Ideal for a romantic getaway, made all the more special by the hot tub in the treehouse.” Claire
Sleeps: 2 guests
This Grade II-listed Georgian townhouse has a prime spot in Richmond and a hidden hot tub that’s tucked away inside its walled garden. The owners of The Secret Garden are local interior designers and the property exudes elegance with statement wallpaper, bespoke pieces and stylish touches throughout.
- The large master bedroom includes a super-king-size bed and vintage dressing table
- Follow the River Swale down to nearby Easby Abbey and explore nearby Yorkshire Dales villages such as Reeth and Middleham
- Fairy lights add a magical feel to the courtyard garden which features the hot tub and outdoor dining furniture
What our guests say: “A lovely homely house, very well decorated and equipped. Hot tub was nice and private. Spent a week there and was sorry to leave. Very relaxing accommodation, ideally situated with an easy stroll into town. Would have no hesitation in going back again.”
Sleeps: 2 guests
This beautiful stone barn conversion looks out over the rolling hills of Nidderdale from its idyllic location near the pretty village of Pateley Bridge. This chic country retreat is perfect for a couple or couples or for anyone who wants a little extra room. The sheltered hot tub features bespoke semi-circular seating and a separate patio terrace is heated by a hand-built stone fireplace.
- The comfortable living room is kept cosy and warm with heated limestone floors
- The elevated hot tub makes the most of wonderful Nidderdale views and the nearby lawn is perfect for a summer picnic
- Enjoy a selection of walks from the front door and store muddy boots in the handy utility room
What our guests say: “This wonderful cottage is equipped to a very high standard providing a luxury base for a holiday in a beautiful location. The hot tub was the perfect place to relax after a day walking in the stunning Dales or visiting the local tourist attractions such as Fountains Abbey.” Claire
Sleeps: 4 guests
Dog-friendly cottages with hot tubs
Four-legged friends can join you on your getaway to Yorkshire with this selection of luxury dog-friendly cottages with hot tubs.
This luxurious barn conversion boasts unspoilt views of the Wensleydale countryside, a dining table that transforms into a pool table, and an infra-red sauna in the master bedroom’s en-suite bathroom. Heated limestone floors will keep your dog’s paws nice and warm and French doors lead straight onto the private terrace.
- The open-plan living space features original oak beams, a wood burner, and a sleek granite-topped kitchen
- There’s secure storage if you fancy following the route of the Tour de Yorkshire and exploring the Yorkshire Dales by bike
- There’s lots to see and do in the surrounding countryside with Middleham, Leyburn and Bedale all close by
What our guests say: “Everything about our stay at Mouse Manor was perfect. The views were unbelievable, especially the sunset whilst enjoying drinks in the hot tub. We will 100% be back and we can't wait!” Sarah
Sleeps: 4 guests plus 2 dogs
This spacious dog-friendly barn conversion is located on the edge of the North York Moors National Park, close to the popular Cleveland Way walking route. The hot tub, sauna and pool table are just right for a family getaway and four-legged friends can relax on their own special chaise longue under the stairs.
- There’s a fully enclosed garden that’s ideal for dogs and children to play in
- An outdoor decking area includes the hot tub, sauna, outside shower, BBQ and patio furniture
- Enjoy wonderful views across to nearby Roseberry Topping, a local hill that’s well worth tackling
What our guests say: “The cottage was amazing and we will definitely go back! The property had a unique feel of being secluded but close to a village with plenty of pubs and a good food selection. The hosts could not do enough for us and I would recommend this to anyone wanting a nice relaxing break.” Ben
Sleeps: 10 guests plus 3 dogs
Once Great Ayton’s village police station, this historic property has been transformed into a contemporary two-bedroom holiday home. The bubbling hot tub is housed in the courtyard of The Old Police House which also features an outdoor sofa where you can enjoy an al fresco morning cuppa.
- Located in the heart of Great Ayton, a pretty North York Moors village with a selection of pubs and cafes and a pretty riverside walk
- The second bedroom can be made up as a twin or super-king-size double for maximum flexibility
- French doors lead to the hot tub from the cosy and contemporary open-plan living area
What our guests say: “Hot tub great to chill out with towels and dressing gowns provided. Lovely that our dogs were welcome; the cafes, pubs and bars in the village allow dogs and there are good dog walks close by.”
Sleeps: 4 people and 2 dogs
There are lots of characterful features in this beautiful cottage near Settle including chunky oak beams, and the original stone fireplace and hayloft ladder. There’s underfloor heating throughout the downstairs of Boo’s Barn and a private hot tub with patio dining furniture at the front of the property.
- Enjoy a choice of countryside walks at the western reaches of the Yorkshire Dales National Park and a selection of dog-friendly pubs in nearby Settle
- A downstairs bedroom with a specially converted wet room is suitable for reduced mobility
- An enclosed courtyard at the rear of Boo’s Barn is ideal for children and dogs
What our guests say: “The cottage has been beautifully refurbished, is well equipped and comfortable. The location is ideal for exploring Settle and the North Yorkshire National Park.” Debra
Sleeps: 6 people and 2 dogs
This fairy-tale chocolate-box cottage has been given a luxurious five-star makeover with stylish rooms, sumptuous furnishings, and a glorious garden which includes a private section for the bubbling hot tub. The patio has been styled as an additional outdoor room which makes an ideal spot for dinner during the warmer summer months.
- The inviting lounge features a choice of comfortable seating around the cosy wood burner
- A well-stocked kitchen/diner has all the equipment you need to rustle up a delicious family meal
- There’s a dog-friendly pub just a short walk away with Helmsley, Pickering and Kirkbymoorside all close by
What our guests say: “Genuinely outstanding property decorated, furnished and equipped to the highest possible standards. By far the best we have ever stayed in over many years.” Colin
Sleeps: 6 people and 1 dog
Family-friendly cottages with hot tubs
Spend some quality time relaxing with your nearest and dearest in one of these luxury family-friendly hot tub cottages.
This architect-designed holiday cottage has a magical woodland setting with a babbling brook running past the property and the cliff top trails of the Yorkshire Coast just a short walk away. There’s plenty of hygge-style cosiness within the property and the fabulous gardens are home to landscaped decks and a wood-fired hot tub.
- This area is a haven for local wildlife with owls, badgers and deer regularly spotted from the property
- Both of Wykewood’s bedrooms come with stunning en-suite bedrooms - one bedroom can be made up as a twin which is ideal for families.
- The hot tub is housed in a Balinese-style pagoda with fluffy robes provided for a spa-style experience
What our guests say: “A lovely holiday property in a great location - secluded but close to walking trails and pubs. Very tastefully decorated and beautifully warm. The hot tub is wonderful - we used it every night.” Ruth
This luxury country retreat is set within the grounds of a large country estate at the northern tip of the Yorkshire Dales between Richmond and Barnard Castle. Explore woodland trails and take a stroll around the private lake before heading back to the wood-fired hot tub to make the most of the lovely view.
- Snuggle up by the wood burner in the warm and cosy living room
- The outdoor decking area includes a sociable seating area and private hot tub - there’s also a separate al fresco dining area with BBQ for the warmer summer months
- This is a dog-friendly cottage with bathrooms to go with the two bedrooms
What our guests say: “A wonderful stay in this peaceful cottage surrounded by countryside. Great for dog walks. They've thought of everything.” Gemma
Sleeps: 4 people
This luxurious Scandi-style wooden lodge is surrounded by the rolling hills of Nidderdale with a secluded spot that looks out over the beautiful Washburn Valley. The architect owners have ensured the property has a five-star finish throughout and wonderful views from the hot tub are the icing on the cake.
- Five acres of private grounds are a haven for local wildlife with wooded areas, a stream and even a packhorse bridge to explore
- The peaceful location is the perfect escape from modern life - take a seat in the six-seater hot tub and simply relax
- There’s a Nordic feel throughout the luxury lodge with faux-fur throws and a toasty wood burner for when the weather turns chilly
What our guests say: “Wow!! We've stayed in a lot of cottages in the UK and this has been the best so far. The location is fantastic for exploring and walking. Loved the hot tub; attention to detail and quality in the cottage is exceptional.” Richard
Sleeps: 6 people
This large family-friendly holiday home is located in the centre of the North York Moors National Park with the pretty village of Rosedale Abbey and an assortment of country pubs and tea rooms close by. There’s an assortment of walking routes to try and the views from nearby Blakey Ridge are amongst the best in Yorkshire.
- This spacious holiday home comes with four bedrooms and four bathrooms
- The open-plan living space works well for families and there’s a separate snug if you want some time to yourself
- Two sets of patio doors lead straight onto the private terrace with a hot tub that looks out over the surrounding moorland
What our guests say: “Heather View was a real home from home! Well equipped and a wonderfully sociable space downstairs. The journey to the lodge took in some fantastic views which was matched by the view from the rear of the house. We didn't want to leave.” Amanda
Sleeps: 8 people
This bright and contemporary holiday home has a rural setting on the edge of the North York Moors with a traditional country pub within walking distance. A games room with darts board and pool table will keep children entertained and you can all sink into the soothing hot tub after exploring the surrounding countryside with the Cleveland Way walking route close by.
- Animal lovers can meet the owner’s friendly horses and stabling is available if you want to bring along a pony of your own
- There’s a selection of market towns and villages close by including Osmotherley, Great Ayton and Stokesley
- Enjoy far-reaching views out to the Cleveland Hills as you relax in the hot tub
New property: The Old Hay Barn is new to the Gorgeous Cottages collection so you can be amongst the first to stay in and review this property.
Sleeps: 6 people and 2 dogs
Hot tub cottages for groups of friends
Whether it’s for a special occasion or you just fancy catching up with old friends, you can gather together in style at these luxury hot tub cottages.
One of the finest luxury holiday cottages in Yorkshire, Station House combines sumptuous boutique-style interiors with a location that looks out over the heritage Wensleydale Railway. The owner of Station House designs superyachts for a living and no expense has been spared in transforming this period property into a stunning five-star retreat that you won’t want to leave.
- The wonderful outside space includes a large lawn with summer house, patio heaters to warm a choice of seating areas, and a magical hot tub surrounded by twinkling lights
- All three bedrooms are equally luxurious with en-suite bathrooms, spa-like toiletries and plush furnishings
- At the heart of the home is a dramatic double-height living space with bifold doors that lead straight out to the garden
What our guests say: “Absolutely wonderful weekend for six ladies. Beautiful cottage, attention to detail is amazing and lots of added extras. Great location too; we will be back!”
Sleeps: 6 people (adults only)
This Howardian Hills barn conversion is located between the popular market towns of Helmsley and Malton with an array of pretty villages nearby. There are a choice of country pubs to visit during your stay and in addition to a private hot tub, there is access to shared leisure facilities including a sauna and games room.
- Characterful original features include exposed brick walls and wooden ceiling beams
- Catch up with friends around the dining table in the large farmhouse kitchen; there’s also a separate double-height dining room for more formal dinners
- The property is surrounded by woodland and rolling hills making it a great option for a walking holiday
What our guests say: “The cottage was amazing - we were a party of nine and had plenty of room as it is so large. It is stunning inside, from the bedrooms to the lounge to the dining room, and the kitchen is to die for.” Lynn
Sleeps: 8 people plus 2 dogs
This large, luxurious property is perfect for pushing the boat out and celebrating a special occasion in style. All six bedrooms come with en-suite bathrooms and there’s lots of space for everyone to spread out and relax. A bar in the fabulous games room will help you get the party started and you can all sit down to an extra special meal in the impressive dining room.
- Enjoy uninterrupted views over Brass Castle’s 100-acre grounds as you relax in the hot tub
- The huge kitchen is heated by a stylish wood burner and makes the perfect sociable space to gather with friends
- The peaceful location looks out over Nidderdale’s Washburn Valley with Ilkley and Harrogate both a short drive away
What our guests say: “Beautiful house, the hot tub and pool table being a great bonus. Twelve of us stayed for a long weekend and the house was so spacious that we never felt on top of each other and there was somewhere to go if people just wanted to read quietly.” Pam
Sleeps: 12 people
This detached stone property has a lovely tiered garden complete with sun loungers and a choice of seating areas where you can relax and catch up with friends. There’s plenty of pubs, cafes and restaurants to choose from in Richmond’s cobbled market square and the games room with pool table is perfect for a fun-filled evening.
- Orchard House’s handy utility room includes an American-style fridge freezer where you can store lots of food and drink
- Enjoy views out to historic Richmond Castle from the comfort of the bubbling hot tub
- The spacious and stylish kitchen/diner is the hub of the house and there’s also a comfortable lounge where you can relax and unwind
New property: Orchard House is new to the Gorgeous Cottages collection so you can be amongst the first to stay in and review this property.
Sleeps: 8 people
This large, luxury barn conversion is set in glorious open countryside that looks out over the Teesdale Way walking route with both the Yorkshire Dales National Park and Northern Pennines AONB close by. At the heart of the home is a spectacular open-plan living space that includes cosy seating areas, vaulted ceilings, a hand-crafted oak dining table and French doors that lead to the private terrace and hot tub.
- Skyline is a dog-friendly property for up to three dogs with heated flagstone floors to keep toes and paws toasty and warm
- All five bedrooms at this property have en-suite bathrooms and there’s even an extra wet-room on the ground floor
- A grand entrance hall with sweeping staircase and feature chandelier sets the scene for a special celebration
What our guests say: “Skyline is an amazing, well-designed, well-furnished, well-maintained and comfortable property. Ten of us had a brilliant weekend and had no complaints. The views down and across the Tees Valley and over to Cotherstone from the outside area and hot tub were fantastic.”
Sleeps: 10 people plus 3 dogs
Plan your luxury hot tub getaway
This is just a small selection of the Yorkshire holiday cottages with hot tubs available to book through Gorgeous Cottages. Whether you fancy relaxing in a luxury Yorkshire lodge that's surrounded by the scenic countryside of the Dales or staying in the heart of a pretty North Yorks Moors village, browse our full collection of Yorkshire cottages to find your perfect base.
Disclaimer: Whilst every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of the information at the time of writing,
please ensure you check carefully before making any decisions based on the contents within this article.